Our office receives a number of questions about local and state resources related to elderly abuse and neglect. Many questions relate to whether a certain situation is considered neglectful or abusive. Other callers ask how to report senior abuse.

Below are some resources and government agency contact information for seniors and their families.

Local Tennessee Senior Resources

Tennessee Department of Human Services’ Adult Protective Services Unit

This agency handles reports of potential abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a senior citizen in Tennessee.

According to the Tennessee Commission on Aging and Disability, only 1 in 23 cases of senior abuse is reported.

Tennessee Adult Day Care Complaint Hotline


National Abuse Neglect and Aging Resources

National Center on Elder Abuse

This Center (NCEA) provides the latest news and information on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. The Center is not a reporting or investigative agency.

1–855–500–3537 (ELDR)

Administration for Community Living

This organization was created by the United States Department of Health and Human Services to support seniors and those with disabilities in efforts to be independent, live at home, and thrive in their communities.

(202) 619–0724

Attorney Joe Dughman represents Tennessee residents who have been injured in a nursing home.