Automobile and truck wrecks cause thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of injuries every year. These accidents carry the potential for and civil responsibility. There are head-on collisions, side collisions, rear-end collisions, rollovers, single-car accidents, suicides, multiple car wrecks, and level crossing accidents. The Tennessee Department of Transportation has tried to raise awareness and lower the death toll in our state by placing signs along major highways displaying the current number of traffic fatalities on Tennessee highways year to date. With the growth in population in Nashville and other Tennessee cities, the numbers of deaths on the highways have risen significantly.
Our attorneys and staff are experienced in handling cases involving a wide variety of car or truck injuries including the list below:
Common Types of Auto Accident Injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Herniated and ruptured disks requiring surgery
- Burn injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
If you have sustained one of the above injuries resulting from an automobile, truck or tractor trailer accident, contact our Nashville lawyer office for a free confidential consultation
3 Types of Personal Injury Damages: Car and Truck Accidents
Personal injury cases, as different as they may be in their origin, all share a common goal: the recovery of damages to the injured party.
There are three main types of damages Tennessee courts recognize. They are special damages, general damages, and punitive damages.
- Special damages typically include property damage, medical expenses, and lost wages
- General damages include pain and suffering, both physical and mental.
- Punitive damages are awarded to punish persons or corporations and to deter them from repeating such conduct in the future. They are awarded only where conduct is willful or shows a conscious disregard for the consequences.
Other Types of Damages from Auto Accidents
- Future lost income
- Future medical expenses
When a client meets with us for the first time he/she often does not know which damages apply to the case. Attorney Dughman has extensive experience in assessing damage and knowing how to build the best accident recovery case in Nashville TN.
Joe Dughman & Associates
3817 Bedford Ave, Ste 220 Nashville, TN 37215